MY THINKING CORNER aims to share positive thoughts to encourage, inspire and motivate us on our journey in life and towards personal achievement and success.
Every Tuesday, Jacqueline Oby-Ikocha hosts a weekly challenge to share snippets of positive thoughts. If you’d like to join in, please check out this link for further details.
***** ***** ***** ***** *****
My Thinking Corner
(NB: Lady Cee aims to participate in this blog challenge on alternate Tuesdays)
Today’s theme word is THINKING and the thoughts I share in this post are a slightly modified version of a devotional, taken from the UCB Word For Today (February-April 2017), written by Bob and Debbie Gass.
*** *** ***
In his book Thinking for a Change, Dr John Maxwell discusses eleven different types of thinking. They are:
- Big picture thinking: the ability to think beyond yourself is required in order to process ideas from a ‘faith’ perspective.
- Focused thinking: the ability to think with clarity on issues by removing distractions and mental clutter
- Creative thinking: the ability to break out of the box and explore ideas and options in order to experience a breakthrough
- Realistic thinking: the ability to build a solid foundation on facts, to think with certainty
- Strategic thinking: the ability to implement plans that give direction for today and increase your potential for tomorrow
- Possibility thinking: the ability to unleash your enthusiasm and hope to find solutions for even seemingly impossible situations
- Reflective thinking: the ability to revisit the past in order to think with understanding
- Questioning popular thinking: the ability to reject common thinking and accomplish uncommon results
- Shared thinking: the ability to include others who can help you think ‘over your head’ and achieve greater results
- Unselfish thinking: the ability to consider others and their journey, to think with collaboration
- Bottom-line thinking: the ability to focus on results in order to reap the full potential of your thinking
- Spiritual thinking: the ability to think in line with the mind of Christ. One God-given thought can change your life! (NB: this last added by Bob & Debbie Gass).
Wow! I don’t know about you but I find Maxwell’s thoughts about thinking refreshing and challenging. It made me want to further explore what he has to say in his book.
If you feel the same way, you can apparently download this book for free at: http://www.productmanualguide.com/download/thinking-for-a-change-john-maxwell-pdf.pdf (note: you will be asked to set up a FREE account)
You can purchase a copy from Amazon
Thoughts are free from toll – William Camden
*** *** ***
*Free postal copies of The UCB Word For Today (UK and Republic of Ireland only) are available from:
FREEPOST RLTX-ABUL-GRAR, United Christian Broadcasters, Westport Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST6 4JF
For the email version please sign up at: http://www.ucb.co.uk/word-for-today.html
CREDIT: above graphic is a CC0 image courtesy of Gerd Altmann (Pixabay.com)
Please share your response to this post in the comment box below and if you enjoyed reading, consider sharing it with your social media network(s).
Many thanks in anticipation!