THEME WORD: Motivation
Your motivation must come from within, and the first principle of motivation – as in any change of behaviour – is to want to change and have a very good reason for doing so.
How To be Motivated All The Time – Peter J Daniels
Years ago, I used to attend a Christian Conference hosted by Don Stewart an evangelist. There is a quote I recall from those days, which has stuck in my mind over the years. It is: “If it’s going to be – it’s up to me!”
Success (as we define it – not as the advertising world, celebrities, or other media determines), is up to us. Your success is up to you! My success is up to me!
Have you written down what success looks like for you personally? If you haven’t, how will you know whether you are on the right path or not? How will you recognise when you’ve taken a detour and need to re-join the correct road? If you haven’t, you risk being blown off course by every ill, or fair wind of suggestion. Don’t subscribe to the “one-size-fits-all” scheme. Compose a bespoke plan. And once you have your plan, get to work!
This morning I listened to an excellent motivational video from which I wrote down the following notes:
- Success requires work. It is not going to be handed to you on a silver platter
- If you are unhappy with your current circumstances, become your own facilitator of change
- Stop looking outside of yourself – realise that the ingredients for your success are inside you
- Don’t be afraid or too proud to seek help (i.e. advice, principles, strategies, solutions) and don’t assume people know what you need, or expect others to anticipate your needs – be bold and ask!
- Don’t be a lone ranger. Locate your success crew and build mutually enhancing relationships
- Learn to speak the language of success fluently
- Focus on being the best version of you possible.
Below is the 4min motivational video from which I made my above notes. I would encourage you to take the time to watch.
Now to those of you who choose to invest in your success portfolio by watching the above video, may I ask you to share below which success key challenged, inspired, or spoke something afresh to you?
Purpose-driven believers and dream achievers have a great Monday. If you have not already done so, may you soon find your own pathway to SUCCESS.