- the ability to make new things or think of new ideas
- the quality of being creative
- the ability to create
Merriam Webster Dictionary
In my post Unlock Your Potential, I said:
“…as human beings, made in the likeness of our creative Father, [we] share the same incredible potential to find creative solutions in whatever context we may find ourselves. We have the same ability to make valuable contributions to the world in which we live”.
As purpose-driven believers and dream-achievers, are we nurturing a spirit of creativity in our lives?
I have selected the following inspirational quotes in a bid to both influence our thoughts about and, encourage us toward creativity, whilst we pursue our dreams… whilst we journey towards our destiny.
- Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way. Edward de Bono
- Creativity is bound up in our ability to find new ways around old problems. Martin Seligman
- There is no innovation and creativity without failure. Period. Brene Brown
- An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail. Edwin Land
- Creativity is just connecting things. When you ask creative people how they did something, they feel a little guilty because they didn’t really do it, they just saw something. It seemed obvious to them after a while. That’s because they were able to connect experiences they’ve had and synthesize new things. Steve Jobs
- I spent a lot of years trying to outrun or outsmart vulnerability by making things certain and definite, black and white, good and bad. My inability to lean into the discomfort of vulnerability limited the fullness of those important experiences that are wrought with uncertainty: Love, belonging, trust, joy, and creativity to name a few. Brene Brown
- When we are angry or depressed in our creativity, we have misplaced our power. We have allowed someone else to determine our worth, and then we are angry at being undervalued. Julia Margaret Cameron
- There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age. Sophia Loren
- Creativity is a great motivator because it makes people interested in what they are doing. Creativity gives hope that there can be a worthwhile idea. Creativity gives the possibility of some sort of achievement to everyone. Creativity makes life more fun and more interesting. Edward de Bono
- A lot of people forget how important it is to be creative. We get caught up in getting ahead and in day-to-day minutiae. But creativity is a fundamental mode of expression, as is being tenacious and standing by your own convictions and passions, even if it’s not the ‘popular’ choice. Tabatha Coffey
Did any of the above quotes resonate with you?
If creativity is not something you have actively pursued in your life to date, have any of the above quotes inspired you to change that this year?
If creativity has been a feature of recent endeavours, were you happy with the result? Bearing my above quote in mind, how did it make a positive contribution to the lives of others?
I’d love to hear your thoughts on this post. Please share your comments in the box below.